It takes an athlete to dance and an artist to be a dancer, this quote perfectly sums up Swetha Subramanian. She has been dancing from the age of 3. She is a bundle of joy and gusto who talks with an extremely sweet voice. She is an amazing actress as well, who managed to act and juggle education at the same time. She has been rewarded with numerous prestigious awards.
About Swetha in brief – She is a highly-motivated and passionate individual with 18 years of experience in the Field of Dance and has performed over 700 dance shows in India and Abroad (Abu Dhabi, Muscat, Doha, Qatar, Kuwait, Denmark, Switzerland, and France). She has 7 years of experience in the field of Media (Acting/Anchoring), she has also acted and hosted TV Commercials. Interestingly, she has procured an International Licence for Zumba Instruction.
Swetha’s take on fitness- To be frank I am not a fitness freak, I love dancing and moving my feet to music. It comes from within unlike gymming and weight lifting. there was a period when I had to put dancing on hold when I was living in France. I gained nearly 20 kgs and became obese, but I never minded all that as I have good body image and confidence. Only when I came back to Indian soil and when my friends started telling me I have gained weight, I realized something was amiss with my normal healthy routine. Being fat made me experience health hazards and I wanted to put an end to it. After numerous boring diet regimes, I did some thinking and insight gaining. It was like a gift from god, the invention of Zumba. It’s my passion coupled with weight loss program. My co Zumba participants encouraged me to become a trainer because they knew how fond I was of dance. I became addicted to Zumba and I used to take up to 6 classes a day. I reduced weight the healthy way and it inspired a lot of people. More than the personal happiness of seeing my result I was overwhelmed seeing my students losing weight and gaining confidence.
What is your biggest fear as a dancer? To be versatile and to be able to fulfil expectation would be a key to fear lock. A dancer’s main fear is to deal with competition in an assertive and calm fashion.
What motivated swetha in her life – I blindly trust my parents and god. I am extremely spiritual and I believe in destiny and fate. Everything happens for a reason and you must wait for the light at the end of the tunnel. I am someone who faces my stress and enemies with a smile. I know how it feels like to be hurt and I make sure I never hurt anybody even by error. I wake up every day telling myself to be good to everyone and especially to the haters. I have faith inpositivity andthe credence that life must be lived happily.
Prestigious awards bagged by Swetha-
1. SUN TV
• “DAYAA 2000” – GOLD MEDAL RAJINI AWARD.
• “THILAANAA THILAANA” – 1ST PRIZE.
• “SUPER DANCER 2” – 2nd RUNNER UP, BEST CONFIDENT COUPLE AWARD.
2. VIJAY TV
• “UNGALIL YAAR ADUTHA PRABHU DHEVA – TOP 10TH CONTESTANT.
• “JODI NO.1 SEASON 5 VIJAY TV” – TOP FEMALE CONTENSETANT.
3. KALAINGAR TV
• “MANADA MAYILADA SEASON – 4” – 1st RUNNER UP
• “MANADA MAYILADA SEASON -5”
1ST PRIZE – TITLE WINNER with a prize of 42 LAKHS TWIN HOUSE at PONDICHERRY.
• (AWARDED 8 BEST PERFORMANCES OF GOLD COIN IN MM 4 & 5 SEASON) just
Her presence on screen were well noted in-
1. VIJAY TV:
• KANA KANNNUM KALANGAL – LEAD ROLE “JYOTHIKA”
2. SUN TV:
• KARTHIGAI PENGAL – LEAD ROLE “BEULAH”
1. VIJAY TV: SUVAI THEDI
2. POLIMER TV: IMSAI ARSAARGALIN PUTHUPETTAI
3. ZEE TAMIL: ANJARRAI PETTI
Apart from being a dancer she has also won several honours
• TITLE WINNER of MANADA MAYILADA SEASON-5
• TITLE WINNER “VIVEL MISS CHINNATHIRAI 2010”
• EVERYUTH GOLDEN GLOW PEEL OFF PRINCESS of “VIVEL MISS CHINNATHIRAI 2010”
• BEST DANCER AWARD 2011 FROM TAMIL IYAL ISAI NADAGA SANGAM
• BEST ACTRESS AWARD FOR KARTHIGAI PENGAL SERIAL FROM TAMIL NADIGAR SANGAM